Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp envy 4501
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

error code OX83C0000A  NOS_LOADER_APP                ON HP ENVY 4501.

I have followed everything on the blogs. Nothing seems to help. I have unplugged the power cord and then plugged back in also removed the plug from the outlet cord from the outlet. the carriage in the printer is not even moving. I have tried to delete the installation and then try to go forward printer does nothing except show the error cord.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Celeste1967,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

2.Remove USB cable, if present.

3.Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

4.Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

5.Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you update the printer firmware follow the steps in the below article and test.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5368518/...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ The_Fossette

The last time the printer was running fine was around August 12, 2018. No, I haven't made any software or hardware changes on the computer. Going to go thru all the steps yet again and if that fails to work I will then update the printer firmware.

The hp support assistant had told me to replace my printer and was very rude.

HP Recommended

@Celeste1967

Thank you for replying. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

As @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

If the print carriage is stuck and does not move even when you try to move it manually by hand, then it appears to be a hardware defect with the printer. You do not have to apply too much pressure on the print carriage as it can break it. 

In case of such hardware issues, please refer to my private message for the next course of action. 

Hope this information helps.

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

hello mkazi possible to send me as well how to fix my printer. im frustrated now i donno how to do with this.

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing this issue out of nowhere.  Please private message me some suggestions on how to fix this.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I have followed all your instructions. The problem is still there. The on off switcher is also blinking all the time.  7. mars 2019 Best regards Torstorm

HP Recommended

@Torstorm, Welcome to HP Support Community!

That's unfortunate, We do have other support options available.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter the product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My electricity went out, and when it came back on my Envy 4501 printer was flashing the above code. Ihave unplugged the 

printer while it was on from the printer and also the outlet. Waited a couple minutes, plugged back in and it is still showing the error code.

HP Recommended

@Spud4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us first perform a hard reset on the printer:

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the printer firmware-

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. refer to this link for help.

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.