Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 100 M175nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just bought a used LaserJet 100 (M175nw). I have the same problem like others did. I'm locked out the menues and the device toolbox, so a factory reset the usual way is not possible. Because it's possible to break things with the solition you gave people, you only send it in a pm -as far as I understood. So could you please do me a favour and send it to me also? -Thank you.

kind regards,

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I found out now. what I was looking for is called a NVRAM reset and is performed like this:

1- Make sure printer is off.
2- Press and hold Red X and Right Arrow key.
3- Switch printer on (Red X and Right Arrow still pressed down)

The goal is to get the printer display a "Printer Settings Init" message. Release the two buttons when you get this message. If nothing happens, try the procedure over again.

I now have access to the devices menues as well as to its browser interface. Problem solved.

Thank you HP for producing hardware that survives a stage of life when it can be bought used by people that do not have much money like me. I now have a high quality network color duplex laser printer +scanner with document feeder! How great is that!

:ThumbUp:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As I found out now. what I was looking for is called a NVRAM reset and is performed like this:

1- Make sure printer is off.
2- Press and hold Red X and Right Arrow key.
3- Switch printer on (Red X and Right Arrow still pressed down)

The goal is to get the printer display a "Printer Settings Init" message. Release the two buttons when you get this message. If nothing happens, try the procedure over again.

I now have access to the devices menues as well as to its browser interface. Problem solved.

Thank you HP for producing hardware that survives a stage of life when it can be bought used by people that do not have much money like me. I now have a high quality network color duplex laser printer +scanner with document feeder! How great is that!

:ThumbUp:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.