Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet 3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just acquired this old laserjet 3015.  I've downloaded and installed three software packages I found on HP's site for the 3015.

Driver Universal,  Driver for Managed Services and Driver for USB.

So they seem to have installed alright.

But win10 doesn't seem to see the printer.  I switch off and reboot looking for an automatic detect and nothing happens.

I have it connected via USB.   But I have a parallel cable around somewhere if that's the best way to go.

How do I go about getting the thing hooked up and working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

All Solved.  I'll reply to it myself.  I didn't see how to delete the question so I'll reply to it.  There may be others as ignorant as myself, I suppose, who may have the same question.

Well the answer is do nothing, really,  what I'd done was all that was really required.

When I went Win10/settings/Devices/Install Printer  Win10 listed the printer amongst the devices  (such as print to pdf) that it knows about.

When I found a document and picked 'print' from the menu the HP3015 was listed.

When I went 'print' it printed.  No problem.  Lovely print job, too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

All Solved.  I'll reply to it myself.  I didn't see how to delete the question so I'll reply to it.  There may be others as ignorant as myself, I suppose, who may have the same question.

Well the answer is do nothing, really,  what I'd done was all that was really required.

When I went Win10/settings/Devices/Install Printer  Win10 listed the printer amongst the devices  (such as print to pdf) that it knows about.

When I found a document and picked 'print' from the menu the HP3015 was listed.

When I went 'print' it printed.  No problem.  Lovely print job, too.

HP Recommended

Hi Abrogard, 

I have installed DOT4 driver bundle first and then PCL6 boundle per another thread (from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3015-all-in-one-printer/378048) . But it did not work for me.  There is no HP LaserJe 3015 in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. 

There are Driver Universal (PCL6) and Driver for USB (Dot4) at the above link. If these two of three items are not what you have installed, could you share the link for "Driver Universal,  Driver for Managed Services and Driver for USB" that you have installed?

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi...   I just googled driver hp3015 and it went straight to what I think must be page I was at because there's the three drivers listed.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3015-all-in-one-printer/378048 

hope it works for you.

🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link. I have just downloaded it. and tried to install it. 

The 3rd item is HP Printer Administrator Resource Kit that I previously did not have.

Tried all existing directories for auto upgrades. but did work. 

They have included GIMP 2.8 install in the following directory:

C:\Users\...\Downloads\PARK-v1.8.7\HP PARK-v1.8.7\AutoUpgradeUPD/install

When  I tried to run Setup to deploy the drivers from ...\PARK-v1.8.7\HP PARK-v1.8.7\driver deployment utility directory, here is the error. I am the administrator!

"An error has occurred during execution. Please consult your administrator" 

HP Recommended

Okay, it has finally worked. All I needed were two types of drivers:

1. Install Driver USB. (DOT4)  first

2. Then, install Driver Universal (PCL6) and  Select "USB Plug & Play" as the installation type.

3. Finally, plug the printer's USB cable into the computer. 

(I had the USB cable plugged in before installing the drivers. This is the only difference for printing to have finally worked for me)

Thanks to you all for this thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.