Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi JonW,

I'm facing the same after upgrading to Win 8.1: "Not able to find specified file"

Desktop: Acer Aspire X, AMD A6 Quad core, pre-installed Win 8

Upgrade: Windows Store

Driver: PS_AIO_02_Full_Win_WW_140_408

Printer: Photosmart C8180 wireless worked fine with Win 8

Pse advice which logfiles you need

Because of unfinished install (Printdoctor , Hppiw) I like to know how to remove (uninstall) the 7zS folders

which have been installed over and over.

Regards

DZL

HP Recommended

After Checking back in with the software guys.  I have some more questions.

1) On the PCs that are having this problem, What Language are they setup in ? (English Russian etc) and What Language does the install come up in ? (English, French etc)

2) I would love to get as many logs as possible, so please PM me if you are able to collect logs or need help?

Log Collecting

The installation when it runs extracts to the %TEMP% Directory on your PC hard drive, (HP uses 7Zip to compress the downloads so they are quicker). 

In the %TEMP% Directory you will find Directories that start 7z and then a bunch of numbers and letters (Random Directory Names) one of these directories will contain the Extracted Installation for your printer and also the Log Collector.

The Log Collectors Name is

• For 32 Bit and 64 Bit Systems - HPZRCV01.exe

Attached ZIP file add to this posting

Run one of these two files and it will create a Zip File on your desktop which is called

This file will contain the Logs, which if you PM me I will give you an email address to send them to, Thank you

The best way to clean up your hard drive is by running a Disk Clean up on Your System drive and choosing to clear the Temporary Directory

For further details see this Microsoft web page

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-c...

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi JonW,

The language of my desktop is NL/NLD Netherlands

install came in ENG (US?) Windows 8.1 64 bits

Log collector:

HPZRCV40 not found

HPZRCV01 found, do I run this while my system is 64bits?

Regards,

DZL

HP Recommended

I am running Danish windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

I belive that that driver file from HP is in UK language (it looks like to be the same no matter whether I get from HP.DK or HP.com

I do not get a logfile called HPZRCV40 when I try to run the set-up

I do not know how to PM you - please advise

HP Recommended

Hi Jon,

Let me describe more in detail my configuration and the problems I have.

Computer: ASUS ZenBook, bought about 6 months ago with Windows 8 (64 bit - French) preinstalled

Printer: Photosmart Premium C310a (WiFi, French), bought prior to my laptop

My other computers are on Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit without any particular problem of HP driver installation).

When I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 via Microsoft's WebStore (normal procedure), the "HP Solution" tool was no longer working. I tried to unistall HP soft, but the unisnstallation process failed before ending.

I decided, in order to be as clean as possible, to reinstall Windows 8 from scratch (by recovery of the OS hidden in the SSD), applied all Windows 8 patches and installed immediately the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and tried to install HP driver and tools. But the installer hangs.

N.B. The printer is recognized by Windows and a generic driver has been installed, but without all functionalities offered by HP driver. Also I cannot scan, except using the printer Webpage, but this is not very convenient (and also not working very well).

I tried again today and this is what happens: the program HPInstaller.exe (or PS_AIO_07_C310_FSW_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe), downloaded from HP site, correctly unzips the files in a folder 7zS43AB created in the Temp folder of my local AppData folder. But then it hangs and nothing happens (but still visible in the Task Manager). I then deleted all HP created folders and also two files in Windows directory (HPsomething.dat).

I launched the installer again directly from this 7zS43AB folder and this time the program started working (I was so happy!). The installer box was launched, as well as the second box asking me to accept the licence terms. Unfortunately, after that, the program stopped with the following dialog box (written in French): "unable to find C:\ etc. \Temp\7zS43AB\Setup\hpzprl40.exe file". I looked inside the corresponding folder and... found the file!!!

This is today's situation. I hope I was clear enough. To be complete, before trying again to install the HP tools, I also unplugged the printer from the mains, waited a few ninutes, reset parameters to factory ones, reset the WiFi parameters and "connected" again my printer to my domestic WiFi network. The printer is perfectly visible by all computers, including the one on which Windows 8.1 is installed.

The fact to have deleted these two files in Windows directory helped, but not enough to complete the driver and tools installation.

I have zipped all log files, but I don't know how to attach them to this post. Please let me know.

Regards

Pascal

HP Recommended

Jon:

I'm having the same trouble...the installer extracts the files, then appears to stop. But in Task Manager, I can see that it's running, taking about 30% of my CPU cycles.

I have a new Dell XPS12 9Q33, running Windows 8.1, English version. The printer is an HP D110a through wifi.

Everything worked fine with my old computer & Windows 7 with the same configuration.

I can get the basic HP driver to work, but not the solutions center where I can control the scanner, etc. I don't know whether this would have worked in 8.0 or not -- I upgraded to 8.1 as soon as I received the PC.

I can find the temp directories, and ran the HPRCV01.exe, but I don't see where any zip files are going...are they in a sub-directory of the same temp directory?

I've tried to install this thing a number of times over the past couple of weeks, so can certainly send you some logs, if I can figure out where they are.

On edit: I downloaded Windows 8.1 from the Windows Store. I downloaded the HP driver package (PS_AIO_07_D110_140_408.exe from 10-22-2012) from the HP support website...I had the website tell me which is the latest driver set for my specific printer (which it found on my network). I also ran the HP Driver Wizard, which told me to use that same driver package.

Pls advise. /Jerry

HP Recommended

Hello adcockj,

I understand that you are having an issue with the HP Solution Center since upgrade your device. I have included the following document 'After You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8, HP Solution Center No Longer Works Correctly'. Please follow through the steps in order.

Another step that you can follow is to complete an msconfig, disable firewalls, anti-virus/spyware, before running the installation. I have included the steps for this process.
'Using Microsoft System Configuration (Windows 😎'
'Turn Windows Firewall on or off'

Please let me know if you are able to Solution Center, thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Could you collect some logs for me?

See my earlier posting with the log collector attached.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I do not get any log-files produced - you wrote that I should contact you... but this is the only way I have to contact you.

HP Recommended

Well.....

I decided it might be time to upgrade my printer.

I bought an HP Envy 120, and it installed fine.

I threw the old D110a in the dumpster.

Thanx anyhow!  /Jerry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.