Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet pro 400 m401dne

Jam in cartridge area.  Open door and clear jam.  I have opened all doors and cleared all jams, but I am still getting the same message

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I answered my own question.  I took out the printer cartridge and sprayed canned air into that are to remove any debris.  I replaced the cartridge and it worked!

HP Recommended

Your printer still thinks there is a jam.  Either there is a jam somewhere or one of your sensors is malfunctioning and would need to be cleaned or replaced.

Take another look in the areas where the Jam occured.  Looks for bits of debris or torn pieces of paper that might be stuck.  Printers determine if a jam occured by monitoring paper as it travels through the paper path.  Paper is expected to appear at each checkpoint at a certain time.  When it doesnt a Jam message appears and printing stops.  Rebooting the printer should clear the status of the jam until another page is fed through.  You can try another test page and take a look at how far it goes before the jam is detected.  Check the areas where the paper ended up for more clues.

Sometimes rollers slip or grip too much due to being worn down or covered in gunk.  You can also try cleaning or swapping the rollers in this area with a roller kit to see if that has any impact.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.