Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1022
macOS 10.14 Mojave

During the upgrade to Mac Mojave, I lost the driver I was using to operate my 2006 laserjet HP 1018.  A workaround showed the driver from laserjet 1022 would do the job.  Who might have this and may I have a copy for my Mac-mini.

Thanks

Handy Sandy

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install below drivers:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Next, power on and connect the printer.

From System Preferences select Printers & Scanners.

Click the plus sign and select the printer.

Within the Use drop-down menu click on Select Printer Software, from there search and select the HP Laserjet 1022 driver.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello SloimiL

Did as much as I could to follow your instructions.  The download was installed.  I looked at the printer scanner panel in 'system preferrences'.  It has a printer in it.  I plugged in my Laserjetand turned it on.  Then I got lost. There was a + mark, but it led nowhere. There were no places to click on for a list of printers.  I don't know where the installed file is to open it.  The same message from you appeared on my iPhone.  There I found a listing for the Laserjet 1022. But the text was not click-able or active.  So I have no idea how to finish this setup.  

My other search to solve this problem seems easier, but I have not managed to do it either.  That is to dig into my back-ups of 'Time-machine' to a date where the HP still worked.  I cannot find the right file(s).  I found something in the system>library that contained an image of a printer but again do not know what to do ith it.  Need guidance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.