Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Printer working fine before left for work trip. Came back and now has Supply Memory Error (printed zero documents in between; of note, there was a power short in my house during this time due to a damaged power line to the house -- if this matters). As you can see from the picture, the printer is showing an error w/ all cartridges (all non-OEM but have worked great for  about 1 year). Printer software is up-to-date/most current (I checked). I have read prior posts on this subject and did the "unplug for at least 30 seconds & restart printer" routine w/o a fix. I have pulled all the cartridges and cleaned the metal contacts with alcohol & a Q-tip w/o a fix. I feel like all the cartridges would not go bad at once and this indicates a printer issue -- thoughts from the experts out there?

HP 1.jpgHP 2.jpgHP 3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@heslamar

Welcome to HP support community.

Check for broken plastic pieces

If a toner cartridge has been damaged along one of the sides so that the plastic slots have broken off then it may not correctly sit inside the printer and similarly to the previous reason for the supplies memory issue, the contacts won’t correctly connect, and the only way to fix this problem is to replace the toner cartridge with a new one.

If it is not broken and still the issue persists, this could be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Likely chip error caused by power surge. Your reman vendor might be able to re-chip your non-oem cartridges.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks. That seems like the most likely explanation given ALL of the cartridges went bad at once. I will give it a try.

HP Recommended

No broken parts. Thinking the other reply right after your's is the most likely solution. If not, then it is indeed a hardware issue given the printer is recognizing ALL the cartridges suddenly at once as being a problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.