Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP P1005
Linux

I gave checked all external reasons why printer does not come on. I would like to take it apart to check simple things like the switch. How do I take apart printer? It is not obvious.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Most of the smaller HP printers are considered disposable and therefore are mostly pressfit together with  interlocking plastic tabs. I checked on Feederoller.com and they do not even list a manual for the P1005 for sale and checking my HP dealer page shows no listing for a manual either. You could check Youtube, likely someone has made a take apart video for this model. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding so quickly,  Too bad it is considered "disposable" - it is a very  good printer, has given years of service.  So for want of a switch or fuse, it must be recycled or goes into a landfill.  HP is obviously more interested in selling printers than supporting them.  Funny that they do offer to "service" the printer out of warranty, but with that kind of press-fit construction, it would likely cost more in labor than the printer is worth.  Your suggestion of youtube is worthy - I hope some brave soul tackles the job.   A lot of P1005s out there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.