Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP1515N
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi, updated drivers and firmware, no there is no option to setup colour printing?

it only prints greyscale, no option in properties or preferences to change this.

Anybody have a solution for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,
The following solution is what I found to fix the printers colour issue.
 I hope you can set this a frequently asked question for others to use.
Thanks for your assistance.
The new driver doesn't automatically query the printer for the configuration.

1. Make sure that you are using the latest HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) available (version 5.3 or later).

2. Open Printer Properties and verify that the print driver indicates color support in the driver on the General tab. If the Color: setting in the Features section on the General tab is set to No, the driver is not configured to print in color.

3. If the Color: setting in the Features section on the General tab is set to No, click the Device Settings tab, and under Installable Options, click Automatic Configuration: Off (the default) to display the drop-down list, and then select Update Now to perform an Automatic Configuration. The driver sends an SNMP command to the printer to retrieve the device information.

NOTE: If you have a product model such as the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n, the Automatic Configuration process that you perform to correct the color issue should resolve the issue when you click Update Now.

4. If the Auto Configuration fails (UPD version 5.3 and later), the UPD will default to the Monochrome setting. To resolve this issue, manually change the printer type setting. On the Device Settings tab, click Device Type: Auto Detect to display the drop-down list and then select Color.

5. Click the General tab to verify that the Color: settings under Featuresis set to Yes, click Print Test Page to confirm, and then click OK to save the settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @GDGoodies,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you interested in color printing with your HP Color LaseJet CP1515n. You do not see any options for this in the properties or preferences.

I would like you to get started in your User Guide, please click on the link below and start on Page 52:

HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series Printer User Guide

I hope this helps, if you are still unable to access the color options, leave me with the following information:

1. Did you upgrade the software and drivers for the CP1515n to be compatible with the Windows 7 Operating system?

2. How did you install the software, with a Disk or driver download?

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem-solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

I will watch for your reply, let me know if this helps.

If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. the driver was automatically selected through the online HP website, yes it was for windows 7

2. the driver and firmware downloads were installed from the HDD.

I was looking for the full cd download driver and software for this printer, but I was unable to find it on the website, when you click on driver download, the website pops up a text message telling you how to install the printer through windows.

Like I explained, there is no color tab in the settings of this driver.

I have run HP Print and Scan Doctor  and it comes back with no error messages.

Ragards

HP Recommended

@GDGoodies,

Thanks for the quick reply. Follow the steps listed below:

1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.

2. Remove the HP LJ 1515n software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the LJ 1515n software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your LJ 1515n (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):

HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 (32-bit)

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please let me know if this was successful! 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi,
The following solution is what I found to fix the printers colour issue.
 I hope you can set this a frequently asked question for others to use.
Thanks for your assistance.
The new driver doesn't automatically query the printer for the configuration.

1. Make sure that you are using the latest HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) available (version 5.3 or later).

2. Open Printer Properties and verify that the print driver indicates color support in the driver on the General tab. If the Color: setting in the Features section on the General tab is set to No, the driver is not configured to print in color.

3. If the Color: setting in the Features section on the General tab is set to No, click the Device Settings tab, and under Installable Options, click Automatic Configuration: Off (the default) to display the drop-down list, and then select Update Now to perform an Automatic Configuration. The driver sends an SNMP command to the printer to retrieve the device information.

NOTE: If you have a product model such as the HP Color LaserJet CP1515n, the Automatic Configuration process that you perform to correct the color issue should resolve the issue when you click Update Now.

4. If the Auto Configuration fails (UPD version 5.3 and later), the UPD will default to the Monochrome setting. To resolve this issue, manually change the printer type setting. On the Device Settings tab, click Device Type: Auto Detect to display the drop-down list and then select Color.

5. Click the General tab to verify that the Color: settings under Featuresis set to Yes, click Print Test Page to confirm, and then click OK to save the settings.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.