Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Could you possibly please share the steps to get this printer to print on cardstock? I have tried adjusting the printer settings to heavy weight but it still does not work.  I am wondering if I am missing a step? I see that the printer is no longer supported by tech support. Thank you in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@amber5

Printer Homepage

Drivers, Software and Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more:

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

@amber5 wrote:

Could you possibly please share the steps to get this printer to print on cardstock? I have tried adjusting the printer settings to heavy weight but it still does not work.  I am wondering if I am missing a step? I see that the printer is no longer supported by tech support. Thank you in advance! 

I can offer the following:

The Specifications do include "Cardstock" and a variety of "Heavy" weight papers.

It appears that the maximum weight of any sized paper is 163 gsm (43# bond).

The weight of the paper is printed on the package in which the paper is purchased.

I do not know the definition of "Heavy" paper as listed in the Specs.

In general, you must select (at least) the following in a combination that the printer allows:

• Media type (kind of paper)
  • Paper Size (from the list of supported papers)
  • Source (Tray)

The following applies to recent versions of Windows, Full Feature Software  Driver installed

If one or more of the selections are not allowed in combination with another choice, you will see a tiny yellow triangle in your Printing Preferences next to the "not allowed" setting.

For example,

If  you select "two sided" with borderless (for those printers supporting this feature), the combination may not be supported.

Printing_Preferences_7A.JPG

Printing Preferences

Printing Preferences can set within the application you are using to submit the job to the printer.  

Application might be:  Browser, photo editing / printing program, Adobe Reader DC, Word, or other document / photo printing software.

The setup may be called Preferences, Properties, or something similar.  Depending on the application, Size may be confirmed or set in "Page Setup".

or 

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Right-Click on Printer > Printing Preferences

From the many documents in the How-to Section:

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Preferences

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Set your printing options on the heaviest paper weight setting available (cover stock 110#) is what you

are aiming for.  I fed one piece of cardstock at a time through the printer using the "'heaviest"

setting I could find and it worked like a charm.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.