Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LASER JET PRO MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i changed the black cartridge and no the printer is cleaning every 4 or 5th page.  is there something i can do to stop this or did i miss a step?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for visiting HP Forum

The product periodically performs a cleaning procedure to maintain the best print quality.

If your printer is going into cleaning mode then this could be;
1. Printer is not calibrated after replacing with new toner cartridge
Go to System Setup menu ->Print Quality -> Color Calibration -> Calibrate Now.
2. The paper size and type selected in driver does not match the type of media loaded in printer tray, May be you are using unsize media or smaller media.
3. Ensure you load choose correct paper size and type in driver before printing.

Hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.