Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 8100 Serie
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My printer is connected via an ethernet cable to my wireless modem. It was woking just fine until I bought a new modem. I use a mac with mac high sierra installed. Even if I plugged the printer directly to the computer it doent work, how can I solve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Disconnect the printer from the router. Remove the printer from the MAC. Now reconnect the printer with the power off to the router. Now turn on the printer while holding down the green button until you see cold reset in the display on the printer. Release the button and wait until the printer comes to ready. Now wait another minute or so and then go to the information menu on the printer and print a config page. You should get a second page with the network settings to include the ip address the printer found with the new router. Use that ip address tro reload the printer to the MAC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Disconnect the printer from the router. Remove the printer from the MAC. Now reconnect the printer with the power off to the router. Now turn on the printer while holding down the green button until you see cold reset in the display on the printer. Release the button and wait until the printer comes to ready. Now wait another minute or so and then go to the information menu on the printer and print a config page. You should get a second page with the network settings to include the ip address the printer found with the new router. Use that ip address tro reload the printer to the MAC.

HP Recommended

oh wow! works like a charme! thanks so much!

HP Recommended

DISREGARD Q BELOW! Problem fixed! (Why is there no option here to delete a post?)

How would you modify this solution for the same problem between an 8600 and devices iPhone and iPad (instead of a Mac)? 

Having the same problem with my printer no longer waking up to print when I send something from either my iPad or iPad to print. It began occurring immediately following AT&T installing a new modem. The printer connects to the wifi network just fine. It just won’t print anything from either of my Apple devices. What I see on my mobile device is “contacting printer”, but nothing happens. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.