Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 200 colorMFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"79 service Error" HP 200 colorMFP M276nw.  Could not get the printer to work by power off and on or by performing a factory reset by holding a finger on the display screen to bring up the "Permanent Storage Init."  I had been monitoring the 120 volt outlet and over a period of time found that the printer would work when the voltage was higher than normal average and got the "79 Service Error" when the voltage was lower. The error could be reset when the voltage was near or on the high side of normal. I did have the printer plugged into a surge protector. Plugging it directly into the closest 120 volt outlet solved the problem without any other work around. The voltage in my area normally runs a bit high at about 122 volts or higher. The suggestion was from another post. Probably would have solved some other problems the printer occasionally had.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thanks for the insight as to what you found! That is very interesting. Not something I would have imagined, but printer manufacturers really discourage the use of power strips, surge protectors or UPS's due to the negative affect they seem to have on laser printers and the weird problems they cause. Good to hear your issue is resolved.

HP Recommended

I got same error when print to Post-Script driver, After several self restart  will start to print, some days without any error printing smoothly for same driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.