Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M475dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after the WannaCry fiasco, we've started to disable SMB v1 on Windows client.  However,  after disabling SMB v1 on my Windows 10, "scan to folder" stopped working.

I have just tested it on a M475dn (we have a few HP LaserJet printers):

- from its web interface, go to Scan tab, click on "Network Folder Setup" on the left hand side

- on one of the pre-configured Folder, click "Test"

if SMB v1 is enabled on my Windows 10, the test is successful.  As soon as I disabled SMB v1, the test would fail.

I am surprised HP has not responded in this regard.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Same question here!!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add to this thread about the next Windows 10 update (RedStone 3, which is targeted to be released on September 2017) that Microsoft will remove SMBv1 protocol with this update.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/06/windows-10-redstone3-smb.html

tick, tock, HP...and please don't say you didn't know....

Does any one from HP even read its own forum?

HP Recommended

Guessing, no...HP doesn't read their own forum considering this is still a problem on brand new printers...  I put on the latest Firmware for the printer and Scan to Network Folder still can't authenticate on an Windows 10 1703 computer.

HP Recommended

It's baffling that this has still not been addressed. We are gearing up to push out 1703 cross-campus and really need HP to give us a functional driver that plays well with the industry standard SMB protocol.

HP Recommended

All right...two years later and we are now on 1903 (or at least 1809), can anybody (yo, HP Experts!) whether the newer printers (with "scan to folder" function) still use SMB v1?

HP Recommended

You have to upgrade the firmware on the printer.  For my printer it was: FutureSmart Bundle Version 4.x  There is a Version 3 that doesn't work.  You need version 4.

HP Recommended

we took one of our MFP M775 and configured it with "scan to network folder" (using FTP) and upgraded it to FS4...and guess what happened!

in FS4, "scan to network folder" no longer takes in documents from ADF, I can only scan one sheet at a time via the glass bed.

went back to FS3.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.