Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M477fdw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I can not reset the administrator password. Tried clearly as described in the instructions. What other options are there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Alex

Try this 

NVRAM initialization

CAUTION:All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. 

Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page.

You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization.

An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections.

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:

●All menu settings are reset to factory default values.

●All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.

After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product.

1.Turn the product off.

2.Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Check this youtube video - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICHIxpgf02E   ( in video they use lower left hand quadrant ) but we need to use the lower right quadrant on screen 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

View solution in original post

Reset HP LaserJet Pro 276 Reset HP LaserJet Pro 426 Reset HP LaserJet Pro 427 product dicumentation http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/default.aspx?cc=us&lc=en&oid=7243927
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

H@Alex-Star

Try this 

Restore the factory-set defaults
Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the printer and network settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count, tray size, or language. To restore the printer to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
 caution:
Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.
 note:
The steps vary according to the type of control panel.
  1. 2-line control panels: On the printer control panel, press the OK button.
    Figure : 2-line control panel
    Touchscreen control panels: From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Setup button.
    Figure : Touchscreen control panel
  2. Open the Service menu.
  3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then press or touch the OK button.
    The printer automatically restarts. 

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

HP Recommended

Yes, dear friend. I did exactly as you write. This is described in the instructions. The problem is this. As soon as I press the service, the printer requires an administrator password.

HP Recommended

I made a short video with a problem. Look here please.    https://youtu.be/7vLHQaBurBY

HP Recommended

Hi@Alex

Try this 

NVRAM initialization

CAUTION:All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. 

Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page.

You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization.

An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections.

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:

●All menu settings are reset to factory default values.

●All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.

After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product.

1.Turn the product off.

2.Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Check this youtube video - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICHIxpgf02E   ( in video they use lower left hand quadrant ) but we need to use the lower right quadrant on screen 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

Reset HP LaserJet Pro 276 Reset HP LaserJet Pro 426 Reset HP LaserJet Pro 427 product dicumentation http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/default.aspx?cc=us&lc=en&oid=7243927
HP Recommended

Many thanks! At me all has turned out! Thanks also for prompt and correct answer!

HP Recommended

hi@alex

Your welcome . . thank you for sharing more descriptive video to understand the issue better. 

Have a wonderful day 🙂 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.