Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
samsung xpress c480fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I really hope someone can help me as I am baffled. I'll start with my materials...

I am trying to use an iridescent 240gsm a4 cardstock in my printer. It prints on this card fine in A5 size selected as cardstock but refuses to print on the exact same paper in A4. It jams in the feed every time and I am baffled.
I am using a Samsung xpress c480fw multifunction colour laser printer.

I have tried the paper in all the different paper types as A4 in the settings and I have tried with just 1 sheet in the feed, 5 sheets and over 5 sheets and it still jams. I set the paper size to a5 and put a4 in the tray and that doesn't work. I cut my paper in half and set the feed sizing to a5, system setting to a5 and cardstock and it printed on both 240gsm and 250gsm. Why oh why is it jamming on A4??? Thanks in advance!

Oh, I have tried on both desktop and mobile and checked the paper settings both correlate on the software and the printer.

It will EVEN print on 90gsm tracing paper/vellum in A4.
220 gsm 100lbs smooth A4 jams
300gsm 140lbs A4 jams
300gsm 140lbs slightly textured A4 jams

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexiaBinx

are you sure that this device supports 250gsm paper?

As i can see it supports up to 220gsm.

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay. It doesn't but it printed on it fine in A5 but just wouldn't on A4

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.