04-24-2016 03:18 AM
hp laserjet m1005 mfp scanner error 13 problem solution
05-18-2016 02:07 PM
Hello and thanks for posting to the HP Support Forums,
Try the following steps to clear the issue:
1. Turn off the power by using the power switch, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn on the power and wait for the device to initialize.
2. If a surge protector is being used, remove it. Plug the device directly into the wall socket. Use the power switch to turn the device on.
Please let me know if this helps!
I am an HP employee
05-19-2016 03:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand that the Scanner error 13. I am happy to look into this issue for you!
Scanner error 12/13:
When a ScannerError6, ScannerError12, ScannerError13,ScannerError100, ScannerError200, or ScannerError300 is displayed on the HP LaserJet M1005 control panel, it indicates a scannererrorthat cannot be resolved by turning the printer off and then back on, nor resetting the printer to factory defaults.
1.Check if customer is able to print.
2.Check with scanner error has the Flatbed scanner carriage movement is stopped/ scanner lamp not glowing.
3.Try performing Reset or NVRAM Initialization
4.Print configuration page and capture Scan and copy usage
5.If issue persist arrange for onsite.
12-05-2017 08:56 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!