01-22-2020 12:59 AM
I have been using Laserjet 1136 MFP for past two years satisfactorily, scans including over 100 pages in one pdf document. Since past two weeks the scanner is unable to scan multiple pages. It scans the first page alright, when prompted, starts the 2nd page scan, but is unable to accept it, thus I am forced to cancel the process. The single, first page scan emerges. Once on a JPG scan it indicated "another instance of Acrobat Distiller is busy starting up", so this cannot continue. I have updated the printer **bleep** scanner software, reloaded the original CD rom software, but the problem persists. Advice please.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-24-2020 03:53 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-25-2020 02:37 PM
The RFU is the remote firmware update (RFU) utility.
There is no option to turn on FRU on this Model
May I know how are you trying to install the firmware?
Are you downloading it from HP Support site or trying to update it directly from the printer?
Try downloading the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-printer...
Keep me posted
I Am An HP Employee
01-26-2020 03:54 AM
Try creating a new user account and check if you can scan -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
I am an HP Employee
01-31-2020 12:18 AM
Thanks a ton. By changing the User, as per the step by step guide provided by you, I am now able to scan multiple pages.
Those others whose suggestions did not work, thanks to them too, for taking time and trouble for me.
Thank you all