Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HI Dv,

well the IT guy finally came, but not the boss guy i had prior, some younger guy came, what a waste of my time and my money.

Seems the issue with the browsers not working was another (add on) in start tray that came in we did not recognize, (where'd it come from IDK)

thus, causing the issue with mozilla and IE, so he unchecked it and fixed.

Then he ran a malwarebytes (which i could of done myself, no brainer, ugh) he stated I had no trojans, used hitman, no virus detected and no trogan

SO then he looked over the solutions you proposed, ran some weired black screen test and repair thing

But he could not fix the issue with the HP printer not being recognized, so we went over permissions, i ended up deleting the Owner Creator person on printer properties as it would not allow me to add permissions to that entity, still did not work.

after the black screen thing ran it said it repaired something, I shut the computer off and well this am, no printer recognized, so i uninstalled and reinstalled, thus the issue is still here, after 250.00 later he was like well, DO thank the guy (you( who answered you n HP support, he was surprised anyone did, I said why, he said to me as I run Vista, and normally they wont reply as its so bad?, i was like oh ok, so thank you D....

So he then was like you can buy a new tower etc.......im like what caused this issue to begin with, he did not know, waste of my time and money, srsly, really, im dumbfounded by the IT guy who did everything i was doing, and we were doing, sigh

with that said, I cannot understand the 2. solution, sorry.........i tried but cannot fig it out, wish you could do remote access.........?

your perplexed student in learning all about HP printers and my computer

kat

HP Recommended

Hello, @kmf1234

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

I am afraid I do not have an option to take a remote control on your PC 😞 But I would suggest using built-in printer drivers to try and fix this issue.

Windows built-in drivers are different to the regular drivers that we were installing and hence I certainly hope that will make a difference.

Go to http://hp.care/2bYE4kP and expand "Step 3" and follow the instructions under "USB connection (Windows 7, Vista)". This will help you install the windows printer drivers, Try printing to the newly added printer and check.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

HI Dv,

thanks, ok i did step 3 and it looks like it is stuck, been 10 minutes, using wireless to window update, see photo, how long does this normally take? or shouldi wait a half hour or so, just saying.........lol

thanks for your neverending help, the young IT guy sucked........lol

add-printer.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello, @kmf1234

Any further update on the issue? 

Where you able to install the built-in printer drivers as suggested in the document I shared? or is it still stuck? If so, manually restart the Pc and try again.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

it was stuck last nght like frozen, like not doing anything sooooooooooo, i shut it down last night, after cancelling it out after a hour, then this AM. I had issues and uninstalled and reinstalled with HP Printer CD manually, i am now doing it again the solution you propsed, and, will walk away and see if it goes through, normally how long does it take to install the built-in printer driver??

i restarted my online business and hope this works if not, then im going to have to live with a weirdo situation..............sigh

Thanks for your sweet help!~

kindest of stressful regards,

kat

HP Recommended

Hello, @kmf1234

The whole process of printer install using the built-in drivers will take about 10-15 minutes depending on your PC performance and speed.

Anyways, that's the last arrow in my bow 🙂 If the built-in drivers also fail, then the only thing that you can do is a complete reinstall of your operating system. We call this system recovery. This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. All you save files will be lost and your computer will be formatted to the day you purchased the machine.

If interested, check the system recovery options for your PC manufacturer (Simply search in google. e.g. System recovery for HP notebook Windows vista). 

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Good luck 🙂

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

thanks for all the arrows, best wishes, i guess i will just leave this alone and deal.........till someday I get another computer, you have been nothing but the best person I have met in a  long while, knowledgeable, patient, kind and very sweet........................

signing off this issue, ill miss you

kmf1234

HP Recommended

Hello, @kmf1234

Thanks for your very kind words 🙂

You also have been the most patient and kind HP customer! 

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.