Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Be the first to explore and join the conversation on our brand-new Poly Support Community Blog, Click here It's live now!!
HP Recommended

We have an older VSX 7000a that is quite a few years out of date on it's firmware. I called tech support and received the key to do the firmware update but running into a problem. We do not have a support contract so looking for help on here. When I initiate the update, the system reboots on me for some odd reason. On the update screen, I see "Retaining Address Book...." but it never completes and then tells me it can no longer contact the unit.

I have a constant ping setup for the unit to see what is going on, and I lose connection to it a minute after I initiate this update. We are currently running 8.7 and support stated we could update to the latest 9 version. Has anyone else seen this happen or have suggestions? I have tried selecting the FTP Passive Mode during the update but the same problem happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.