Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6470b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I seem to have a never ending battle with this laptop lol.

However, I have decided to buy a new AC wireless card that has bluetooth bulit in. It's a Intel AC 7260. The bluetooth card that come with this laptop is garbage and causes audio to go choppy as soon as I put the laptop on my lap. However, long story short the bluetooth isn't dected in windows 10. I tried a live USB of Linux Mint 17.3 and it can't dected the bluetooth ether.

I know it not the card since I put the card in my old Dell 1545 running linux mint 17.3 and the Dell was able to dected the bluetooth driver right out of the box. The 6470b is running BIOS :F.61. I have tried downgrading the BIOS but resulted in with an "BIOS update failed" error! 

Any other ideas that I can undertake to get the Bluetooth on the Intel AC 7260 to work?

Regards

Nick

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Have you instaled the Intel Proset driver/software for the bluetooth? It is seperate from the wireless driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25135/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes I have and still have no luck 😞

HP Recommended

Does the wifi work in 802.11ac mode?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes I'm able to get a ac connection and can connect to my ac router

HP Recommended

I suggest trying a few of the other Proset software available from Intel at the following Intel download web page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

HP Recommended

Considering that laptop is a 2012 model-your AC model is a hit or miss since it doesn't list such a wifi in the service manual. Your wifi only goes to iNtel 6205 or 6300 for listed wifi only.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03564727-1.pdf

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

Hi, @nick90 :

If there is no trace of the bluetooth radio showing up (no bluetooth radios icon in the device manager, etc)., the most common cause of that is that when you upgraded to W10 you had the HP connection manager software installed and the bluetooth radio was turned off at the time you upgraded to W10.  That would mean that even if you replaced the card after you upgraded to W10, the bluetooth feature is turned off.

There is no fix for that other than to reinstall W7, install the connection manager, turn the bluetooth radio on by using the software, uninstall the software and then upgrade to W10.

If you don't see the BT radio show up in W7 with the connection manager turned on, then it is very possible the BT radio on your new card is defective.

HP Recommended

I was able to the wifi/bluetooth card into an older 2009 laptop and the laptop dected the bluetooth card running linux mint 17.3 right out of the box. However, running  a live usb of linux mint on HP cannot dected bluetooth whatsoever 😕 and says no bluetooth devices found

HP Recommended

Then you have ruled out that the BT radio on the card is defective, so the only other reason it isn't working in windows is because you either have BT disabled in the BIOS, or the connection manager software having been installed on W7 when you upgraded to W10, is preventing the BT from working, and the only resolution is to reinstall W7, reinstall the connection manager, turn the bluetooth on, uninstall the connection manager and then reinstall W10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.