Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So when I first bought the laptop it wouldn't run games I'm assuming it has something to do with the graphics drivers so I exchanged it for a new one and when I got that one the speakers on it sounded blown out so I'm just asking if the laptops have a factory warranty or do I have to go through best buy I bought the computer in late October of 2016.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lumpycoal

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you need to know if the computer is covered by an HP Warranty,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Do you need assistance in fixing this issue as I can quickly run you through a few steps that could resolve the issue with the speakers?

Are you planning on repairing it at the HP repair center or are you in need of another exchange?

The reason I'm asking the above questions is because though the computer comes with a 1yr factory warranty that starts from the date of purchase of your computer, 

It doesn't cover replacement or exchanges and the exchange as far as I know is within 30days of purchase, if you've purchased from HP shopping website and normally, 15days from purchase if it's at the local store (depends on the store).

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It seems they are blown out
But if there's anything I can do any troubleshooting I would like to know
HP Recommended

Hi @Lumpycoal, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that you are facing an audio quality issue on your computer. (One of the speaker.)

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you to right-click on the speaker icon and select playback devices. 

Right-click on the speakers and select properties. 

On the speaker properties window. Click on Levels. 

Make sure the speakers are balanced. 

Check the audio quality. 

If the issue persists, please open device manager, uninstall the audio driver, delete the driver when prompted during uninstall. 

Restart the computer and run HP Support Assistant to install the latest audio driver. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.