Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5010TX

Hello,

I am researching HP Omen 15. I will need to install Linux on my next laptop, and there are problems with NVIDIA's Optimus technology (documented for example here). In short, the NVIDIA video card wouldn't work at all if it's not capable to hook into Win7/8 API.

One of the solutions, the most risk-free I think, is that some laptops have a hardware switch, controllable in BIOS, to switch off the integrated video card (or the NVIDIA video card for that matter). The system then boots normally with only 1 video card and sees only that.

Does HP Omen 15 have such switch in BIOS to enable/disable video cards or enable/disable Optimus?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

In theory you do not have that option.

Anyway you can try F10 + A (BIOS advanced options)

Regards

HP Recommended

Well, I haven't bought it yet, so I can't test. Are all the BIOS settings documented somewhere on HP site? I would hate to buy a gaming laptop only to find out that the video card doesn't actually work as I need to use it, so I'm trying to find out beforehand.

If it's not known that it has such builtin BIOS option, then... I guess I'll consider it doesn't.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.