Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 32 Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchaed the HP Omen 32 monitor from Costco.  When waking from sleep, the monitor is slightly darkened, grainy and pixelated for a few minutes (5 to 15) before restoring to normal.  Any idea what's causing this?

I have a Nvidia GTX1070 as well.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@tencor999

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP Omen 32 monitor has a Grainy and Pixeled Screen,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you installed the drivers from the HP website or the disc sent along with the monitor? Have you updated the drivers?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

While you respond to that, I recommend you also try with an alternate device (notebook/desktop) connected to your Omen 32 to check if the issue persists.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for reaching out. In response to your post:

1. It started happening the day after i bought the monitor - this is the fifth day I've owned the monitor
  2. It last happened today; each day it seems to last longer
  3. I've reset the monitor to the factory settings
  4. I downloaded the latest drivers
  5.  I've seen this happen with freesync both on and off
  6. I've plugged in a laptop (using HDMI) and i get the same results; when i plug in my PC, I'm using the display port.
  7. I've used a different display port cable as well as have tested the multiple display ports in my graphics card (GTX 1070)  - same result

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@tencor999

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

However, you haven't mentioned if the issue persists when connected to another device such as a different laptop or a desktop tower?

Or perhaps, connect your computer to an alternate monitor to check if the issue persists?

That said, I would recommend you update the BIOS using the official HP website: Click here to access it.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of this worked. Any more ideas? If not, i'll need to return this monitor.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

As suggested earlier, when you tried the monitor on a different computer, what was the results?

Recommend you install the monitor driver from this link

Also, update the Nvidia graphics driver from Nvidia website

For other troubleshooting steps, please refer to this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes i have tried that (as previously mentioned). I'm planning on returning the monitor. Very disappointed in the quality of the screen.  I do not recommend this monitor.

HP Recommended

@tencor999

Thank you for replying,

As I had mentioned in my first post, if you have been able to try this monitor with another computer or an alternate monitor with the current computer we could identify the issue.

And work on getting the monitor either replaced or repaired depending on your choice,

I hope you know that there would be a 30day replacement policy when the monitor is purchased by HP.

Please let me know if you have any trouble getting the replacement done as I should be able to help you out to the best of my ability.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did try using my monitor with another computer with the same result - a grainy and pixelated screen - for the third time i am writing this. What are you expecting me to do when I use a different computer?

HP Recommended

@tencor999

Thank you for responding,

As I had mentioned on my previous post, If the issue persists while using this monitor on another computer as well, Contact HP for a replacement as this is a hardware malfunction:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.