Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-07-2017 05:47 AM
Hi i have the HD4310 webcam, It works for Skype video ok but as in moniter, capture modes it does not. By pressing either of the 3 buttons on top of the cam the Arcsoft software starts up but no picture, Device manager says drivers are up to date with no problems. I am stumped do not know what else to do, anyone had this and can help pleeeeeese
05-08-2017 02:08 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see from the post that you are having an issue with the webcam not working. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Did it happen after making any changes on the PC?
Have you tried to reinstall the software?
To resolve this issue, reinstall the original HP Webcam or Microsoft USB Video Device driver.
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.
If the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device is listed, right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart your computer, and open your webcam software to see if the problem is resolved.
For further assistance, please click here
You could also go through the User guide for reference - Click here
If the issue persists, Please follow these steps here:
Option 1: Check Device Manager to make sure it is working properly.
- Click your Start button, type “Device Manager,” and press Enter.
- Once Device Manager loads click “View” and then “Show Hidden Devices.”
- Locate the “Imaging Devices” section.
- Note whether you see the webcam here.
- If the webcam is listed, right click it and verify that it is not “Disabled.”
- If the webcam is listed and not disabled, move onto Option 2. If the webcam is not listed you will move onto Option 4.
Option 2: Allow Windows to Re-install the device.
- While still in Device Manager right click on your webcam and select “Uninstall”
- If prompted select “remove driver and driver package.”
- Reboot your notebook and allow Windows to attempt to reinstall the webcam.
- If Windows detects the webcam verify the functionality of the webcam.
- If Windows does not detect the webcam and install it move onto Option 3.
Option 3: Manually install the drivers for your webcam.
- Use this website to determine your product/model number.
- Visit the HP Support Page and use this product number to visit your product’s specific page.
- Go to “Drivers and Software” and locate the driver for your webcam. NOTE: the drivers for the webcam are sometimes bundled with the YouCam software.
- Download and install this driver.
- Reboot the PC.
- Verify functionality.
Option 4: Manually re-detecting the hardware.
- Disconnect all external devices.
- Shut down the notebook.
- Remove the battery and AC power.
- Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Reinstall the battery and AC power. Then turn the notebook on.
- Once Windows is loaded go back to Device Manager.
- Selection “Action” and then “Scan for hardware changes.”
- If Device Manager detects the hardware allow it to install.
- If Device Manager does not detect the hardware see Option 5.
Option 5: System Restore and System Recovery.
Options 6: Repair
If nothing works, I would suggest this could be a hardware failure. I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.
For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
Keep me posted for any other assistance,
I am an HP Employee
05-12-2017 01:36 PM
Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I just want to check if you have followed the steps suggested in the previous post. If so, could you please respond with the details for further assistance.
If you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, you could also try to check with different applications and check if webcam works,
Alternatively, you can try this webcam on another computer.
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee