Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-216na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Hopefully you can help me out. 

I’m looking at getting an HP OMEN 870-216na for work.  I’m an Architect and need two 4K screens for displaying drawings etc.  I also do a bit of 3D work.

I’ve been on to NVIDA about the card (: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated), and they have said that as long as it’s a branded NVIDA card it will be OK for 2 x 4K screens.

However it came with the caveat that it’s a branded Card.  Apparently others manufacture to same card - Asus etc. 

Does anyone know the product number of the graphics card that comes with this HP computer?  Or if the graphics card is a branded NVIDA and not made by another company. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Tom

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Tom130

The GTX 1060 used by HP in this PC could be made by any manufacturer. The card has to meet Nvidia's specifications. The manufacturers are licensed by Nvidia to manufacture and sell the cards.

So it will perform in accordance to Nvidia's design specs. The 1060 will do what Nvidia says it should do, but it may not be what you are expecting.

I do think you might want to go with a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 if you are doing heavy graphics and 3D work. All the more so on two 4K monitors.

The 1070 equals or betters the performance of the previous generation GTX 980. The 1080 kills the 980Ti and gives the previous generation Nvidia Titanium a run for the money.

It's your call. I always like to leave a little headroom in case you need it.

So you may want to look at a different PC or look at an HP Enterprise system with better specifications such as Nvidia Quadro cards and a better warranty.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.