Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So i was on my computer playing csgo, i got a error and i couldnt close it so i opened task manager and went to close csgo but instead i closed explorer.exe but i looked around and they said bring up task manager, but this error has combined with the infinite auto repair screen so any help or fix?
Thanks anyway
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Mcrockford

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you closed explorer.exe accidently and your computer is stuck in an infinite auto repair loop. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Could you help me with the exact model number of your computer? Click here for assistance. 

Recommend you to disconnect any external devices connected to your computer. 

Do a power reset. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping F2 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

This should get you to a Startup Menu and from there you can select System Diagnostics. 

Please select system diagnostics and run a system test. Click here for assistance. 

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options.

If the test passes, please do a power reset again. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F11 repeatedly to enter Recovery manager. 

Please select troubleshoot in the recovery manager and then select advanced options and then startup repair. 

This could take some time, please be patient.

If startup repair fails, please select system restore on the advanced options screen. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hey i got my computer back up, but now applications are taking ages to load or not loading full stop
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that your computer booted to the desktop again and now it is running very slow. 

Have you run a system test as suggested? Recommend you to run a system test to make sure all the components are working correctly.

Also, run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers and check for Windows updates. Click here

Make sure all the updates are installed. 

Let me know the results for and will guide you further. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I got a primary hdd bay failure, and i need to know a fix
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and running the test as suggested. 

As the HDD test failed, please replace the HDD or contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
How do i replace hdd
HP Recommended

I would require the exact product/model number of your computer for me to be able to guide you with the procedure to replace the HDD on your computer. 

Please click here for assistance in finding the product number of your computer. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.