Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

@DluKe wrote:

compaq CQ515
Product :  VW42PA#UUF
model : CPQ515UQL - 66Q4x250MBNNCN12FA
Serial Number : CNU9505NG0

* AMD Athlon™ Dual-Core Mobile Technology QL-64 (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 cache)
    * ENERGY STAR® qualified
    * 14.0-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD (1366 x 768) BrightView
    * 3048MB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM 1 DIMM
    * 160GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
    * LightScribe DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive
    * Limited 1 year standard parts and labor warranty
    * Graphics Shared 256MB ATI RADEON 3200 HD

I NEED TO UPGRADE VGA UP TO 1GB, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE OR NOT ??
THANKS FOR ADVISE 🙂

Link to the Service and maintenence manual. You might find that handy for reference.

Unfortunately that is not possible unless the systemboard is changed.

The graphics solution is integrated on the systemboard.

AMD Universal Memory 
Architecture (UMA) graphics 
(ATI Radeon HD 3200) integrated 
with shared video memory 
(dynamically allocated)

AMD Universal Memory Architecture (UMA) graphics (ATI Radeon HD 3200) integrated with shared video memory (dynamically allocated)

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

:Crying: ok erico thank for replies 😉

if i change all systemboard i dont think so.. hehe

by the way and any way TERIMA KASIH !!! (Thanks)

HP Recommended

Hello, my notebook is:

model: G60-535DX

serial:  [text removed for privacy]

product: VM085UA#ABA

I want to upgrade the procesor, I have an Intel T3400 2.10ghz CPU.

I need to know a list of all compatible procesors. I updated the  Bios from F.63 to F.65

is T9500 supported?

HP Recommended

Hi Enrico, I'm trying to upgrade my DV4t-1548dx CPU from its factory installed T4300 to T9600. I have updated the bios to the latest version (F.65), verified with the manual that T9600 is a replacement, but the laptop just cycles on and off. If the T9600 is not compatible (I can only think of the FSB as the issue), what would the be the maximum upgrade can the laptop handle. Thanks, appreciate your reply.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

i am planning to upgrade my laptop compaq presario V5202TU celeron 410 1.46Ghz (presario V5000)  to T5200 as you suggest  previously.

i also updated my bios to F.24(PhoenixBios), does this bios has support for T5200 or i need to go for any other bios,please suggest.

my system board id 30A8, or i has to use modded Bios.

thanks

Rucaro

HP Recommended

Hi,

@akluch wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have the following question: does HP has some sort of Upgrade Services like: I have laptop A, bought a year ago and still under warranty. I want to upgrade ("replace") it to laptop B that HP evaluate the current price of laptop and I just pay the difference. Would you be so kind to tell me if such service is available by HP?

Thank you.

I suggest that you contact HP and ask them yourself.

This is not the HP Sales and Marketing department. This is a peer to peer forum.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have a CQ60-615DX Notebook.

What are my options for processor upgrades?

I have a single core and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual core, preferably.

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

@brandonhowes wrote:

I have a CQ60-615DX Notebook.

What are my options for processor upgrades?

I have a single core and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual core, preferably.

thanks!

Unfortunately I do not have good news for you.

Yours does not appear to be upgradeable to a duo core.  The only guaranteed compatible CPU (HP PartSurfer) is the Intel Celeron Mobile processor 900 - 2.2GHz (Penryn-3M, 800MHz front side bus, 1MB.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Hi

I have HP Probook 4410s with 2G RAM.

RAM - DDR2 2048Mbytes PC2-6400 (400MHz)

CPU - Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6570 T6400 @2.10GHz

I'd would like to know what is the maximum RAM capacity which i can upgrade.

Thanks for your reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.