Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have recently got a HP dv6-3046eo laptop, which is powered by a AMD Phenom II N620 CPU 2,80 GHz and has the following specifications

* AMD RS880M chipset

* 6 GB DDR3 RAM

* 640 SATA HDD 5400 rpm

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Which comaptible CPU from AMD is the best that could be fit into my laptop? Is it possible to upgrade the CPU (preferably to quad core X4 Phenom P9...)? Will there be any benefit for performance if I decide to upgrade in this way?

The dual-core CPU is currently running at 2,80 GHz, but I see from spec sheets on internet that the quad-core CPUs are running at lower GHz, is that any good? I have also noticed that both dual-core and quad-core CPUs are using the same platform, namely the Danube platform. They use socket S1G4, and has same TDP, which is given as 35 W. So, I don't think there will be any cooling issues or need for other changes..?

Please give me some suggestions. I am thankful for any input/reply.

Sandip90

HP Recommended

I Want to upgrade my processor and ram.

I know how to up grade my ram, What I need to know is what is the fastest processor I can put in this

lap top. please help I have looked every were and I have not found anything please help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@valtondulaney wrote:

I Want to upgrade my processor and ram.

I know how to up grade my ram, What I need to know is what is the fastest processor I can put in this

lap top. please help I have looked every were and I have not found anything please help.

The specs state that the AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor is all there is.  There is no upgrade potential at all.
Crucial Memory (Guaranteed compatible memory upgrades)  has the best deal. You can't beat guaranteed compatible memory modules. Crucial is one of the better brands available.
Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico, what about my laptop configuration? Is it possible to get any better CPU?

HP Recommended

Hi. I have a CQ35-244TX... i need information on upgrading the RAM and maybe processor.

What kind of Corsair and/or Kingston RAM that is compatible with my laptop (these brands are the most easier to get in my country) i would appreciate if specific model could be given. and also can i upgrade my ram with an ultra low latency ram or even a low latency ram?

on the processor, what the latest possible processor could my laptop support?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The following Quads will work

AMD Phenom II N970 Quad 2.20-GHz processor (2.0-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB, 35W, 3.6
gigatransfers/second)       HP p/n 635496-001

AMD Phenom II N950 Quad 2.10-GHz processor (2.0-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB, 35W, 3.6

gigatransfers/second)

616346-001

AMD Phenom II N930 Quad 2.00-GHz processor (2.0-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB, 35W, 3.6

gigatransfers/second)

594169-001

Here is a link to the Service and Maintenence guide for your dv6 notebook.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HI,

The following list of CPUs apply to your notebook: all of these are compatible

■ T9900 3.06-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz front side bus (FSB)
■ T9800 2.93-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ T9600 2.80-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ T9550 2.66-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ P8800 2.66-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ P8700 2.53-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ P8600 2.40-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ P7550 2.26-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB 
■ P7450 2.13-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ P7350 2.00-GHz processor, 3-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ T6600 2.20-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ T6500 2.10-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB
■ T6400 2.06-GHz processor, 6-MB L2 cache, 
1066-MHz FSB

As far as upgrading RAM ...choose the guaranteed compatible modules from Corsair and/or Kingston.  Go to their websites and use their configuration tools. Don't forget that only 64-bit operating systems can use memory configurations above 4GB. 😉

here is a link to the Maintenence and Service guide for your notebook series.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

hi Erico, I have a  dv4-1548dx VZ276UA#ABA Dual Core  Intel Pentium Processor T4300

I would like to confirm with you if the P8600 is compatible for an upgrade. Thanks. 

S-Spec number SLGFD 
Family Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile 
Processor number P8600 
Frequency (GHz) 2.4 
Bus speed (MHz) 1066 
Clock multiplier 9 
Package type 478-pin micro-FCPGA 
Socket type Socket P 

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Bogs wrote:

hi Erico, I have a  dv4-1548dx VZ276UA#ABA Dual Core  Intel Pentium Processor T4300

I would like to confirm with you if the P8600 is compatible for an upgrade. Thanks. 

S-Spec number SLGFD 
Family Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile 
Processor number P8600 
Frequency (GHz) 2.4 
Bus speed (MHz) 1066 
Clock multiplier 9 
Package type 478-pin micro-FCPGA 
Socket type Socket P 

Your notebook is a model where there are no other CPUs listed than what you already have installed as compatible. That means the P8600 is unlikely to work. 

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Hi erico. Kindly gimme some input on upgrades (max possible) for my HP DV4000 laptop.  Im talking about RAM,hard drive,the works. Here are the details:

s/n: CNE5190M39

p/n: EB920EA#ABB

At present,it has an Intel(m)  processor 1.6Ghz, 798Mhz and 248MB RAM.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.