Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-w200na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey I am wondering about potentally upgrading the RAM on my Omen 17-w200na from 8GB to 16GB, but I am unsure what ram I will actually need or will be looking for, I think my current ram is "8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM" so would this mean I am simply looking for "16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM".

In which case would I be ok with using this RAM as the replacement larger version?

Thanks for help

J

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately it has

MemoryTwo SODIMM slots, not customer accessible or upgradable:
DDR4-2133 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133)

Supports up to 16 GB max system memory with the following:
● 4096 MB (4096 MB x 1)
● 6144 MB (2048 MB x 1 + 4096 MB x 1), no support for 32-bit OS
● 8192 MB (4096 MB x 2) or 8192 MB (8192 MB x 1), no support for 32-bit OS
● 8192 MB (8196 MB x 1), no support for 32-bit OS
● 12288 MB (8192 MB +4096 MB), no support for 32-bit OS
● 16384 MB (8192 MB x 2), no support for 32-bit OS or Windows® 7 Home Basic

No, you need 2 x 8GB and please contact an HP authorized service provider parts for this work

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Does this mean that even though I bought the laptop from amzon (sold and shipped by amazon) that I can contact HP and they will install the upgraded ram?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, an HP authorized dealer can do this work for you. With new design, very hard to accress RAM slots therefore doing this ourselves may cause un-predictable damages.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.