Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Notebook - 15-ac098tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's wifi disconnects upon closing the lid. I tried several methods, some of which are:-

1. Setting the power options to 'do nothing' when closing the lid.

2. Setting power options of Wireless adapter setting to 'Maximum performance' under the 'power saving mode' option.

3. Unchecking the box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in the power management tab of Network Adapter settings.

Still whenever  I close down the lid, wifi disconnects and stops all activities like downloading and all.

All above 3 options are set for both- 'On Battery', and 'Plugged in'.

Please tell how to keep wifi connected even when the lid is closed, its important for downloading large files.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would expect wifi to turn off after closing the lid. That has always been my expectation when using notebooks.

I just tested that with my current HP product loan HP Omen 15 notebook. I changed the choose what closing the lid does. I changed the OPn battery setting to do nothing.  I was surprised to find that the wifi did not turn off. 

Which edition, version and build of Windows 10 is installed?

Use All settings --> System --> About to get that information

Do you have all of the latest updates to Windows 10 installed?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes I have all latest updates installed.

I have Windows 10.0 Enterprise (bulid 10240).

But i dont think the problem is related to OS installed.

HP Recommended

@ankur494 wrote:

Yes I have all latest updates installed.

I have Windows 10.0 Enterprise (bulid 10240).

But i dont think the problem is related to OS installed.

That is an old build. Update to a newer one.

You say you don't "think" that the issue is OS related. Being specific with reasoning is appreciated here in the forum. 

Logically it makes sense that it is OS or driver related because this ordeal began for many of us with the update to Windows 10.

Before that in Windows 8.1 or with notebooks delivered with Windows 7 there was no such issue.

If and when Microsoft, or better yet, Synaptics produces a better driver toprovide Microsoft with to put in Windows update or the DriverStore in the OS, this should be resolved for all of us.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.