Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-w007TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi  I've just bought a new Omen and have found I don't have enough room on C Drive to copy my music over! Properties tells me C drive is just 118gb and D drive is 1.8TB. Is there a way of increasing C drive so I don't have to start putting programs etc on D drive which will confuse this old grandma? Thanks to anyone who can help. Kaytie

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine has 2 two physical hard drives:

(a) The main one is 120GB SSD raw) which is around 118GB as suou can see,

(b) The second one is 2TB normal HDD.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/hp/hp-omen-17-w007tx-17-laptop/970538/

You can't increase the size of the SSD unless spending more money to replace it and NO POINT to do that. You have plenty of space on the second HDD which is around 1.81 GB or a bit less.

That is a perfect combination for performance (SSD) and storage (HDD). Why you have to store musics on C: ? Please only keep C: for Windows and Programs. One of my test machines only has 120GB of SSD (just one drive) and with tons of software, I only use around 65% of its space.

Again, move misic, video and other suffs to 😧

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey guys

Does anyone know how to free up space from D drive to C drive.  Why would HP make the C drive soooooooo small its rediculous constantly being asked to free up space .  New HP omen with 1TB storage and only 119 GB on C drive and the balance on D without any way of extending partitions.   Groan

Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hey guys

Does anyone know how to free up space from D drive to C drive.  Why would HP make the C drive soooooooo small its rediculous constantly being asked to free up space .  New HP omen with 1TB storage and only 119 GB on C drive and the balance on D without any way of extending partitions.   Groan

Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

@Chloe1209

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you need help with the c drive as you feel that its too small on your new omen,

If the message 2 of 4 on the same thread you've posted doesn't answer your question,

Perhaps, you could disable the hibernation mode to save more space under C drive and like the Expert banhien has beautifully phrased it - "move music, video and other stuff to D"

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  • Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  • powercfg hibernate off

A few more tips on Resolving Low Disk Space issues: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.