Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've done some experimenting.  If Print Quality is set to Best the gridlines are printed correctly.  Why is that?  BTW, I am using Excel 2000.

HP Recommended

I expeience the same results, but it prints so slow you will fall asleep and ofcourse it uses more ink as well, another work around is to go into the cell structure and set the interior cell lines and the borders all for the smallest solid line and they will print fine, but again the speed is slower and more ink is used. HP has not answers but again you cannot talk to anyone with enough knowledge to understand the problem. From India of course. I will just get an RMA and return the piece of junk and go buy a brother.

HP Recommended

You are correct, she is lost on a lonesome trail.

HP Recommended

Hi all

Thanks for your inputs on this. I'm feeding back to the Envy 5530 folks, so hopefully they can figure this out.

Can I ask does this only happen with Excel 2000?

Any more examples of the printout you could post here to the Forum?

Are you using the Full feature software & drivers or the basic driver?

Envy 5530.jpg

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Ciara,

I am using Excell 2010.  I do not know how to check for the driver I am using.  Please advise.

Badger66

HP Recommended

I have the same results regardless if I use 2003 or 2010 0r 2013. The generic brand Open Office works fine with the 5530 but they use a solid line for their grids anyway.

HP Recommended

@Badger66

Sorry forgot to include the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5304883&a...

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

As mentioned in the thread, printing in "quality" or "best" mode should fix your problem.  

Alternatively, you can also use any other border style in Excel and it should print fine. 

I would appreciate hearing if this does not fix your problem or you are having a problem on anything other then Excel, border "Style 2", in "Normal" or "Draft" mode.

Thanks!

I work on behalf of HP.

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. *** .
HP Recommended

Yes, as noted previously, "Best" does result in proper printing of the grid lines.  My main Style settings are Normal and No Borders (Borderless is "Off" in Printer Properties).  When I click Modify in Style the Outline border setting is highlighted, which I leave unchanged.  With these settings the grid lines do not print properly in the Draft and Normal modes.

If I Modify the border to Left, Right, Top, Bottom Borders the grid lines print properly in Normal mode, but with dark lines everywhere, which is not desirable.

The question here for HP is why Best mode is required for proper grid line printing.  Obviously, this is a printer problem, at least with respect to printing Excel spreadsheets.  I have not experienced printing problems with other than Excel.

HP Recommended

Its hardly a "fix". Its just a go around the problem. Also, if I print any document over 2 pages in length, the third page is normally cut off before it completes the page and ejects a blank page following and contiues. This printer is a piece of garbage.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.