Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY120
macOS 10.12 Sierra

SINCE UPGRADE TO MAC OS SIERRA 12.7 MY ENVY120 PRINTS 2-SIDES, I WANT ONE-SIDE. 

ON THE PRINTER I CHOSE "2-SIDED OFF" AND ON THE MAC I CHOSE "COPIES & PAGES", 'PAPER HANDLING" "ALL".

THE ON-LINE SUPPORT COVERS 'DUPLEX PRINTING' BUT DOES NOT SHOW HOW TO PRINT 0NE-SIDE ONLY

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please follow the steps below in order to disable two-sided printing:

1. From the application used to print, on the File menu, select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

2. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. UnCheck the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.

3. Click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

4. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

5. Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

Save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... the used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

MANY THANKS, I HADN'T SEEN THE "HIDE DETAIL" BUTTON, THAT SOLVED IT .

THANKS Again.

HP Recommended

These steps need change or clarification, at least for my system (iMac and Word for Mac).  I have had a problem with the HPEnvy 5530 reverting to 2-sided printing despite no changes made to preferences.  

First, there was no "show details" in print window.  Also no option for 2-sided shown next to "Copies", only an option for collated (on/off).  #3 makes no sense as written; needs rewording to make sense.  

The last sentence of #3 thru step 5 did apply and it did show that 2-sided was off.  I printed the same document that had been printed 2-sided and it was 1-sided this time.  Why did it print 2-sided before with no changes in preferences ?

So now I want to set 1-sided as default.  Where is the "Presets> save current settings".  I don't see it in the print window, which is the only window you reference.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as the preceding post copied below:

These steps need change or clarification, at least for my system (iMac and Word for Mac).  I have had a problem with the HPEnvy 5530 reverting to 2-sided printing despite no changes made to preferences.  

First, there was no "show details" in print window.  Also no option for 2-sided shown next to "Copies", only an option for collated (on/off).  #3 makes no sense as written; needs rewording to make sense.  

The last sentence of #3 thru step 5 did apply and it did show that 2-sided was off.  I printed the same document that had been printed 2-sided and it was 1-sided this time.  Why did it print 2-sided before with no changes in preferences ?

So now I want to set 1-sided as default.  Where is the "Presets> save current settings".  I don't see it in the print window, which is the only window you reference."

Thank you, Doren Robbins

HP Recommended

@dorenrobbins2

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you would like to disable two sided printing and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Which application are you using to print. Eg: Word, Preview, Adobe?

Which version of Mac OS X is installed on your Mac computer?

Could you send us a screen shot of the print dialogue windows.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am responding to your post as I am also having the same problem and the previous posts do not make much sense. To answer your first question, I am printing a PDF file. It double sided prints no matter where I initiate the print command. My Mac operating system is10.14.2.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.08.49 PM.png

HP Recommended

Can't really be this difficult to toggle between single and double-sided printing can it?

As someone else wrote, this was the only step that came even remotely close to solving my problem: 3. Click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit) Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

I finally saw a reference to print double-sided pages, but there was no way to change the setting. Is the default setting for double-sided pages?

HP Recommended

Yes it is that difficult.  If you followed the thread your would have seen that I was responding to the most helpful answer and provided a screen shot.  As I said this was a PDF file not Microsoft office.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.