Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3700
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hello!

I have just bought me a new HP printer, which is DeskJet 3700. It´s require me now a password to connect to the computer. I do not know any password. What can I do?

Regards

Frustratet girl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I have figured it now. Thank you for the help!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Are you connecting the printer to a router or are you just trying to connect the computer to the printer via Wireless Direct?

HP Recommended
Wireless direct. But i don't know how to connect to a router
HP Recommended

Well if you have a router you don't use Wireless Direct.     Because Wireless Direct you can print OR be on the internet, but not both at the same time.

Connect to your router you can do both normally.  So which is it?

HP Recommended
I have figured it now. Thank you for the help!
HP Recommended

I setup my new 3700 to use with my iPad I was able to print emails but was unable to print boarding passes.Today I wanted to try my printer again but when I went into settings I pressed on the printer name a box appeared demanding a password I have tried various things but all have been rejected. Please can someone help.Thanks Polly43

HP Recommended
Hi
I bought this printer yesterday and i was to set up wifi to use with my ipad and androind phone, however it says the password is wrong but i am using same router password to use wifi interent at home and every body at home disi not have any problem previousley and password was ok.
How can i connect it wirelessly to my devices please? Please help me
Thank you
HP Recommended

what password for hp3700?

HP Recommended

It was so **bleep**ed up I think they have to many wiggers 

@HPDeskJet3700 wrote:

Hello!

I have just bought me a new HP printer, which is DeskJet 3700. It´s require me now a password to connect to the computer. I do not know any password. What can I do?

Regards

Frustratet girl

HP Recommended

I have the same question. How did u get the password?

pls help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.