Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Photo Creations - been using it successfully for a long time, suddenly can't print my project. Tried uninstall and reinstall, still get kicked out of the software when I try to print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got it to work!  Looking to the printer, as you pointed out, I decided to run the HP Print Doctor.  That detected that somehow my default printer had been changed to OneNote.  Changed it back to my printer, and all is well again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SophieC29 

HP Photo Creations has its own Support Staff.

Before you contact Creations Support, I recommend (that) you try a simple print action on a different project.

For example, try printing a single photo from your PC, that is, open and print a different, single, image.

Why test the software?

Knowing whether the issue is with the project itself, with the Creations software (or your printer / printer software / printer connection) will help the Creations staff to correctly diagnose the problem and assist you.

If the software opens, 

Open HP Photo Creations

Click Explore (top left corner)

Click Getting Started

Scroll to the bottom and click the link under "Need more help?"

Or 

Open HP Photo Creations

Hover over the "Home" icon 

Select Welcome

Scroll to the bottom and click the link to Customer Service

OR

HP Photo Creations Support & Tips

Reference

Download, Save, and install:

HP Photo Creations

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yes I did try to print another project, one that I had printed previously, and that did the same - kicked me out of the software. I did find the HP Photo Creations customer service, and contacted them. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@SophieC29 

You are welcome.

Photo Creations is dependent on your printer software.

Consider opening a photo in Paint or other simple Microsoft Windows software and printing the single photo.

Likely just as useful, though not exactly the "same thing", printing a document will generally be enough to test the printer software.

Good Luck.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Got it to work!  Looking to the printer, as you pointed out, I decided to run the HP Print Doctor.  That detected that somehow my default printer had been changed to OneNote.  Changed it back to my printer, and all is well again.

HP Recommended

@SophieC29 

Whew!  That is so much better than having your photo projects go "kapoot"!

Happy Printing.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.