Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am trying to connect my printer to the web services, and ther error above continues to prevent the activation. I already tryed all the solutions available and the answer is always "The printer could not connect to the server. Check internet connection and try again or especify a proxy". My printer is not listed as one of the printers that do longer have web services available. Can anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@maclouro,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding connecting to web services as you get a server connection error. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software update or change?
  • Did you turn off web services and enable it again and check?

For now, try these steps:

From this link: https://hp.care/2JgSqwM (HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)

Perform these steps:

• Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router
  • Step 3: Manually connect the printer to your network (wireless connections only)

Then assign a google DNS to the printer by following these steps:

On the front panel of the printer, touch the wireless icon. Select the Wireless ON to get the wireless summary. Make a note of your IP address.

1. On your computer open an internet browser and enter the printer's IP address in the address bar. This will bring up the Embedded Web Server page (EWS).

2. At the top of the page select Networking.

3. From the left-hand side, select Network Identification.

4. Under the section for DNS, under Primary (IPv4) enter 8.8.8.8, under Secondary (IPv4) enter 8.8.4.4.

5. Select Apply at the bottom of the screen.

After this disable Web Services and then re-enable it once again.

Then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2BMLzee (HP Printers - Setting Up an HP Connected Account)

• Step 1: Check HP Connected setup requirements
  • Step 2: Turn on Web Services
  • Step 3: Obtain the printer claim code
  • Step 4: Use the claim code to add your printer on HP Connected
  • Step 5: Set up web-connected printing services
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck and keep me posted. I wish you well and will keep a watch for your response.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks, DavidSMP. I followed your directions and my issue is resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.