Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6032 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I connected a new Envy 6032 to my home Wireless network without any issuea whatsoever to test the printer with a new laptop prior to taking it to my father-in-law as they were both for him.

After successfully testing at my house, I took the printer and laptop to my father-in-laws house and was unable to connect to his Wireless Network. We both have BT Broadband.

How do I connect the Envy 6032 to a new Wireless network as it obviously does not auto connect as it did the first time it was used at my house.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@djguk47 

Update - Added content

Check / reset Wireless (User guide page 96 and page 25)

Not sure.

You have already discovered the WPS / PIN setup for the printer (having gone through this previously).

HP DeskJet, ENVY 6000, 6400 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup

This document is for HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6075, 6078, 6475, 6476, 6478, HP ENVY 6020, 6052, 6055, HP ENVY Pro 6420, 6452, 6455, and 6458 All-in-One printers.

First time setup – WPS (router), “Find Printer Pin” > PIN Number inside carriage door for connection / EWS

Add:  Deskjet Plus 4100 series

I am a bit concerned about the printer model name.

HP ENVY 6000 All-in-One Printer series > Product Information 

There is not an exact match in the list of Specifications for the "6032".

It may not mean anything - the series is new and some documents might be absent.

The Envy 6000 printer series supports both regular wireless (User manual - starting on Page 25) and something called "Wi-Fi Direct" which is Wireless without a router (network). 

NOTE:

If you are not using Wi-Fi Direct, make sure that setting is toggled to OFF on the printer (User manual - Page 29).

HP ENVY 6000 All-in-One Printer series - User Guide 

This printer supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz - check to be sure the router is broadcasting on both and select your SSID / network for the bandwidth you want to use.  2.4GHz might reach a bit farther in distance - 5GHz is a bit faster....

If you have not done so, you likely want to remove the wireless setup you were testing at home.

• Page 96  Chapter 9 Solve a problem
  • Restore network settings and then reconnect the printer. See Connect using the HP Smart app on page 25.

What if?

If your printer is actually a Deskjet...

HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6000 All-in-One Printer series 

Essentially, the suggestions are the same...

Open Category Manuals > Open and Read the User Guide chapter on Connecting the printer.  See if you missed anything.

The Troubleshooting is similar for both the printer types - the categories in each of the printer homepages lead to what is available.

What if not a new Envy and not one of the new Deskjet printers?

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Dragon-Fur.

I may not have been clear in my question and apologize for that.

I unpacked the printer at my house to make sure there were no issues connecting to the wireless network and hat it would work satisfactoriy with a new laptop for y father-in-law.

All worked well and the printer connected almost immediately  with the wireless network and with the laptop,

Packed it all up and took it to my father-in-laws house and that is where the problem started.

I am unable to connect the printer to my father-in-laws wireless network. Bothy he and I use BT Broadvband and we both have the same routers.

The printer just wil not connect to another wireless network despite the fact that it connected flawlessly at first use on my wireless network.

My question is.... How do I configure the Envy 6032 to connect to a new wireless network after it has initially connected to another wireless network?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.