Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-29-2015 01:14 PM
if the Wifi Direct button is already turned on Press and hold the button for 3 seconds, the printed report includes the WiFi Direct password.
if its light turns off, press the button to enable WiFi Direct and te report should be printed as well.
It is button #4 as described below:
Please let me know of any problem,
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
07-24-2017 05:36 AM - edited 07-24-2017 05:37 AM
I bought my deskjet GT 5820 about 20 days ago.
I try to connetct my Samsung S7 phone to the printer via 'wifi direct' and I know that the password is 12345678,
BUT my phone does not give me the option to enter a Password !
Thus, I see the GT 5820 on my phone under 'wifi direct', but the printer does not allow the connection.
What to do?
Thank you in advance
12-16-2019 09:09 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP