Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 4650
iOS

I cannot change the paper size when printing from my ipad or iphone.  It seems to be set to legal and therefore doesnt print the entire document as it starts 2-3 inches below top of page thus cutting off what is at bottom.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Patches4

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to change the page settings when printing from iPhone or iPad.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/document/is... 

NOTE: Refer to the section how to change the page size.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Go to your printer, open then close the paper tray.  A message should appear on the screen stating the paper size. Click the arrow to change the paper size to the one you want.  Now that should be the default size and you should be able to select it from your phone or iPad.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Not much help.... prints still cutoff when printing webpages from an iPad.   

HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer settings tips
● On the Paper/Quality tab, select the appropriate paper type from the Media drop-down list in the Tray
Selection area, and then select the appropriate print quality in the Quality Settings area.
● Select the appropriate paper size from the Paper Size drop-down list in the Advanced Options dialog
box. Access the Advanced Options dialog box by clicking the Advanced button on the Layout or Paper/
Quality tab.
● To change default print settings, click Print, Scan & Fax , and then click Set Preferences in the printer
software.
Depending on your operating system, do one of the following to open the printer software:
— Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, and then select the
printer name.
— Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on the app
bar, and then click the icon with the printer's name.
— Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All
Programs, click HP, click HP 2ffLce-et 4650 series, and then click HP 2ffLce-et 4650 series.
● If you want to print a black and white document using black ink only, click the Advanced button. From
the Print in Grayscale drop-down menu, select Black Ink Only, then click the OK button.
ENWW Tips for print success 19
Printer settings tips (OS X)
● On the Print dialog, use the Paper Size pop-up menu to select the size of paper loaded in the printer.
● On the Print dialog, choose the Paper Type/Quality pop-up menu and select the appropriate paper type
and quality.
● To print a black and white document using only black ink, choose the Paper Type/Quality, click the
Color Options disclosure triangle, and choose Grayscale from the Color pop-up menu.
Notes
● Original HP ink cartridges are designed and tested with HP printers and papers to help you easily
produce great results, time after time.
NOTE: HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP supplies. Product service or repairs
required as a result of using a non-HP supply will not be covered under warranty.
If you believe you purchased original HP ink cartridges, go to:
www.hp.com/go/anticounterfeit
● Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only.
NOTE: When you receive a low-ink warning message, consider having a replacement cartridge
available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace the cartridges until print quality
becomes unacceptable.
● Software settings selected in the print driver only apply to printing, they do not apply to copying or
scanning.
● You can print your document on both sides of the paper.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.