Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

Most of my printing is done through my phone. A Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I have an HP envy 7855 printer. I usually print from home using my home Wi-Fi. About 50% of the time when I hit print, it prints. However the other 50% of the time my only option is to save as PDF. I've tried going through HP Smart to find out why. It says the IP address for my phone and printer should be the same. I've tried turning off my mobile data so that the printer should connect to the home Wi-Fi. Doesn't work. I've tried calling Spectrum to ask about the IP addresses but they say it should work. Sometimes it does but I never know when that's going to be. Spectrum suggested I do a hard reset on the printer, but I think the problem is in the internet connection between the two which are hard reset won't fix. This has been going on for about a year. No one seems to know how do I fix it. I can't connect a wire between my phone and the printer like I can from my laptop. So what do I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kaasan12047,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been through quite a bit of troubleshooting already! Let's see if we can narrow down the issue and find a solution for you.

• Check Wi-Fi Connection Stability: Since you're printing over Wi-Fi, ensure that both your phone and the printer have a stable connection to your home Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, intermittent connectivity issues can cause problems like this.
  • Printer Firmware Update: Ensure that your HP Envy 7855 printer's firmware is up to date. HP often releases firmware updates that can address connectivity issues and improve overall performance.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: Try resetting the network settings on your printer. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. You can usually find this option in the printer's settings menu.
  • Forget and Reconnect Wi-Fi: On your phone, forget the Wi-Fi network you're connected to and then reconnect to it. This can sometimes refresh the connection and resolve any underlying issues.
  • Reinstall HP Smart App: If you're using the HP Smart app for printing, try uninstalling and reinstalling it on your phone. Sometimes, app glitches can cause issues like this.
  • Printer IP Address: Although Spectrum mentioned that the IP addresses should be the same, it's worth double-checking if your printer is assigned a static IP address or if it's set to obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP). Ensuring that both your phone and printer are on the same subnet can also help.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issue and get your printing smoothly from your phone again!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.