Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P4014n Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I've got this printer out of storage as it's in perfect working order. I have ordered a USB cable for it as I didn't think it would work as a network printer due to is age. Unfortunately I can't seem to print any documents on it. I can print a test page from my PC but nothing else. I assume it's a driver issue but I've tried a few off the HP support page. Any suggestions please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DazVader 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are not able to print , I am glad to assist you

Don't worry, together we will try to sort this out 

To be able to assist you better please let me know the Operating System installed on your computer.

Are you able to make Photocopies?

Meantime, please try these steps

Let's start with a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends directly connecting the printer power cord to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Here is the link with the troubleshooting steps:- Click here

Hope this helps!

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards,

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,  

Thanks for replying. The operating system is windows 11. I didn’t know the printer was also a copier? I will try the power off process you mentioned also.

HP Recommended

Hi @DazVader 

please try these steps

Here is the link with the troubleshooting steps:- Click here

Hope this helps!

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards,

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,  I still can’t get the printer to work. I used the HP print doctor and it highlighted a port issue. I also tried to update the firmware as there is a later version. The blue progress got to the end but nothing happened it just sat there with no complete message and the printer config printout shows the same older firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.