Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Help! I have an action camera Lc100w and it cannot be connected to my iPhone. I start the wifi in the camera, then connect to it with my iPhone and it says connected but it's showing it's not connect at the top of my screen. When I open the app and click add camera it says unable to add because device not found. I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple time and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you tried the Life Cam app instead? I came accross the following document in its user guides section:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04630348

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Page 30 of your User Guide has the specific steps for connecting mobile devices.

The following is from that page:

1. Press the Power button to switch on the camcorder.

2. Press the Wi-Fi button to activate the wireless network.

3. Using the Wi-Fi function of the mobile device, search for the camcorder ID from the list. Each camcorder has a unique ID no.: hplc100wXXXXXXX (The last 2 digits of the ID will be as same as the last 2 digits that displayed on the LCM screen.).

4. Select and enter Wi-Fi password (enter the 4 numeral/letter on your LCM display twice will be your Wi-Fi password. E.g., if LCM display shows “ ”, your Wi-Fi password will be 12341234).

For iOS / Android Users: Using the mobile device [Settings] → [Wi-Fi] → [Select camcorder ID no.: hplc100wXXXXXXX] → [Enter the password] → [Connecting].

5. When connected to the Pixi Cam App , camcorder LCM display will show "APP" , indicates the Wi-Fi is connected.

Note:

1. Make sure the Wi-Fi function of the camcorder is activated and the mobile device is receiving Wi-Fi signal before performing the Pixi Cam App, or the App will be exited.

2. The mobile device shall be within a maximum of a 10m distance from the camcorder without any buildings in between.

3. When the Wi-Fi function of the camcorder is activated for 3 minutes without connecting with your mobile device, or the connection is disconnected, the camcorder will automatically stop the Wi-Fi function and you will need to re-activate the Wi-Fi function.

4. We suggest that you should set the correct date and time for your mobile device before using the camcorder, so that the recorded video will be consistent with the date and time settings of the mobile device.

5. After connecting the mobile device with the camcorder, all the mode switch, Record and Wi-Fi operation buttons of the camcorder will be disable; all the operations shall be carried out via the Pixi Cam App.

6. The language of the Pixi Cam App will be consistent with your mobile device, beyond the language options, the App will be activated with default language.

Hope this helps,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
I did all that before I posted here. As I stated before my iPhone says it is connected to the cameras wifi but the app says no device found. Also at the top of my iPhone screen it's shows no wifi is connected. When I open settings and go to wifi it shows connected. The app still says no device found.
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you tried the Life Cam app instead? I came accross the following document in its user guides section:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04630348

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
It worked!! Thank you! The Life Cam app works with the camera. Not sure why the pixie app won't work. Awesome, all is good now!

Thanks again!
HP Recommended
I got the camera to connect via Wi-Fi but when I use the pixi cam or life cam for my android device it says can't connection to camera failed. Please ensure Wi-Fi connection is working I've tired this with multiple Android phones running 6.0.1

It used to work and then started having problems out of nowhere is there any kind of software I can install to update camera or what can I do
HP Recommended

Hp Pixi Cam app is not available in the google play, what app I have to use now?

HP Recommended

The Hp Pixi Cam app is not available in google play, I installed Life Cam, but it doesn't connect, when I try to cnnect a new device appears de message connection to camera failed, please ensure WIFi connection is working,  in the network connection of my phone appear  as connected to the camera with no internet access, what it is wrong?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.