Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iOS

I'm having issues logging into the HP Smart mobile app via iPhone. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with the latest iOS update (15.3). I can login to my HP account just fine via web browser, however I can not login to the HP Smart mobile app via iPhone. I've tried resetting my iPhone and re-installed the mobile app more than 10x. Each time I re-install the app I continue to receive the BADREQUEST error message as seen below. This seems like something very common on this community board but I haven't found a solution for my iPhone. Please let me know the next steps to resolve this issue. I'd like to use the HP Smart app.

BADREQUEST
X-request-id:7533e890-82f4-11ec-a13f-
1d091b2408ad.d135dc90-83b5-11ec-a13f-
1d091b2408ad

BADREQUEST Error Message on iPhoneBADREQUEST Error Message on iPhone

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are not able to login to HP Smart app. Have you disabled cookies? You can check by going to Settings>Safari and see if Block All Cookies is enabled. If cookies are disabled please enable them in order to login. Could you also please verify the version of HP Smart installed by going to HP Smart>Settings>About.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Yes, I’ve ensured that cookies are enabled, they’ve always been enabled. And my HP Smart app version is: Version 9.0.0.1881.

HP Recommended

I notified the HP Smart team and they are investigating the issue. Please make sure to check the App Store for updates as HP Smart has frequent app updates and most issues are resolved by software update.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Ok thank you. I hope this gets resolved promptly because it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to login to the HP Smart app.  I will keep the app up to date to the latest version and continue troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue. I can login on the website but I get the same error message when trying on the hp smart app. I have the latest version my phone offers which is 9.0 and iPhone is updated to iOS 15.3, cookies are enabled on safari

HP Recommended

Hello,

We need some further information in order to investigate the issue.

1. Could you please let us know if this error "badRequest" occurred once or rarely from time to time? Or if this occurs every time?

2. Could you please give details on how to recreate the issue?

3. Does this happen after the tab or app is left opened unused for more than 65 minutes?

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

HP Recommended

This badrequest error message appears after I enter my email in the sign in tab. So it does not allow me to enter my password, it directs me to the bad request message.

I can maneuver the hp smart app ok, however I have not been able to sign in the HP smart app with my account for over a year now.

HP Recommended

Could you please respond to the individual questions listed above? We need the information in order to try to recreate the issue.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

HP Recommended

1. Could you please let us know if this error "badRequest" occurred once or rarely from time to time? Or if this occurs every time? Every time. I have not been able to sign in the HP smart app with my account for over a year now.

2. Could you please give details on how to recreate the issue? This badrequest error message appears after I enter my email in the sign in tab. So it does not allow me to enter my password, it directs me to the bad request message.

3. Does this happen after the tab or app is left opened unused for more than 65 minutes? This happens after the "sign in" tab.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.