Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Samsung
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

My HP print plug in no longer works on my android tablets. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the app still can't detect the printer. The hp is working ok on both laptop and android phon. This has happened in the last few days

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Chenny

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please download and use the HP Smart App on your Tablet from this Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.printercontrol&hl=en_IN

Click this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 to know more about HP Smart App

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The app you suggest is the one that stopped working. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but it now says it is incompatible with my device 

HP Recommended

@Chenny

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us. Appreciate you trying that app. HP Smart app requires Android version to be 5.0 and up. 

I'd recommend you try the HP Print Service Plugin

You may refer to this document - HP Printers - Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The remote app worked until 2 weeks ago, what did HP do to it? Also, for a week, I couldn't get the plug in to work either. There have clearly been some updates done but I hadn't heard about them.

By the way, I did say in my original post that my tablet was 4.4 so not quite sure why you recommended the remote app in the first place!

HP Recommended

@Chenny

Thanks for replying. It was an honest mistake from our end and I'll do all I can to help you get a resolution. 

Let's start by clearing the print spooler -

1) On your Android device, tap the Settings icon, and then select Apps or Applications.
2) Select Show System Apps.
3) Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler.
Depending on your Android device, tap Storage, and then select Print Spooler.
4) Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
5) Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon, and then tap Print.
A print preview screen displays.
6) Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list and then select your printer.

Check for any updates and try printing using the Samsung Print Service Plugin to see if that works.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.