Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

My printer says low on ink. It will make a perfect copy of a document but I can’t print from my phone. Wireless WIFI shows it is connected 100%.
please help????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jan-1259,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your printer is able to copy documents but is not printing from your phone or other apps, and it's indicating low ink, there are a few potential issues to address:

Low Ink Warning: The low ink warning could be preventing the printer from printing. Even though it can still make copies, some printers will refuse to print from other sources when the ink level is low to prevent potential damage to the printhead. You may need to replace the ink cartridges to resolve this issue.

Printer Driver: Ensure that you have the correct printer driver installed on your phone. Sometimes, using an outdated or incorrect printer driver can cause printing issues. You can usually download the correct printer driver from the printer HP website or through your phone's app store.

Network Connection: Even though your printer is showing as connected to the Wi-Fi network, there may still be issues with the network connection that are preventing your phone from communicating with the printer. Try restarting both your printer and your Wi-Fi router to see if that resolves the issue. You can also try forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your printer and re-connecting to it.

App Settings: Check the settings in the app you're using to print from your phone. Make sure that the correct printer is selected and that there are no print jobs stuck in the queue. You can also try printing from a different app to see if the issue is specific to one app.

Printer Firmware Update: Check if there's a firmware update available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve compatibility issues and improve performance.

Printer Queue: Check the printer queue on your phone to ensure that there are no pending print jobs. If there are, try cancelling them and then attempting to print again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.