Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M28w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No way to find out price of subscription to HP Mobile FAX after 30-day trial; waste of time when wanting to subscribe to a plan ONCE and NOW!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Currently, the feature is offered as a trial till somewhere in the first half of 2021.

Spoiler
The Mobile Fax service will be free until sometime in the first half of 2021. HP does not require a credit card or any other form of payment to use the Mobile Fax service during the free trial period. HP will inform users of available paid service plans 30-days prior to the end of the free trial period expiring sometime in the first half of 2021, at which point users will be required to provide a form of payment if they want to continue to use the Mobile Fax service. HP has the right to disable the service at any time for any reason for any one or all users. HP has the right to delete accounts and all related files, records and access. Please review the terms of service by clicking here.

https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en/mobile-fax/faq

Prices are not yet available, however, you may sign up for the free trial.

No payment information is taken, before any plan will become available you will be provided with the details and can opt-in or out as you need.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the speedy reply. Actually, I need a plan now and prefer to get started with one I know I will want to keep.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're welcome @LarryLoran.

Well, the service is offered as is, currently with a free trial only, plans are not yet available at this time

You may opt-in for it if it meets your need, or use another service and consider it in the future if you would like.

HP Recommended

So my warranty ran out and when trying to srnd a fax today it had me register email again, verify, blah blah. Then it says free trial begins now. So youre saying i will not be charged when this we dont have any plans yet free trial ends? Hp isnt going to sneak me and charge me without me knowing come april 2021 or something? Thx

HP Recommended

Well, in order to charge you payment details are required, and you're not even asked to provide any such for the trial, a such will only be required once plans will become available in the future.

Spoiler
Can I cancel or remove Mobile Fax from the HP Smart app?

If you do not want to use Mobile Fax, you can remove the tile from your Home screen in the Personalize Tiles list.
Mobile Fax is a permanent feature of the HP Smart app, similar to printing photos or scanning. It is automatically included in newer versions of the app.
HP does not require payment or a subscription to use the Mobile Fax service during the free trial period. 30 days before the end of the free trial period, HP offers paid service plan options. You can opt out at that time, or cancel an existing subscription at any time.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06432978

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.