Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When try to print a photo onto A4 photo paper using the correct settings on my computer for the particular print.All of the photo does not print .The print misses the top 1/2 inch of the photo off. But with ordinary everyday print paper it’s fine all the photo prints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to resolve this problem quite easily and probably a bit obvious in the end .I changed to HP photo paper as opposed to Kodak I no longer have the previous problem. Thanks for your help anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Peebs61,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I read your post about the photo printing issue on your Envy printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you

Going through your post, it looks like an issue with the printer print settings on your PC causing the issue. While feeding the photo paper to the photo, you need to keep “Glossy” or print side facing down. Also, it is important to change the print settings before you print a photo. Check the settings mentioned below:

1. Go to control panel - Devices and printers
  2. Right-click on your Envy and choose the "Printing preferences" option.
  3. Now, go to paper quality / layout tab and make sure the paper type is selected as "Photo paper".
  4. Also, select the correct paper size and save the settings.

Now, follow the steps mentioned to print the photo:

• Open the picture using “Windows Photo Viewer” (You can right-click on the image and go to “Open with” to select the windows photo viewer app)
  • Change the paper size appropriately.
  • Also, change the paper type to “photo paper” before printing.

You can check detailed instructions here:  HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows)

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to do a clean install of the printer drivers: 

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47810/mp-115828-6/EN5530_198.exe to download and install the printer software.

Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I managed to resolve this problem quite easily and probably a bit obvious in the end .I changed to HP photo paper as opposed to Kodak I no longer have the previous problem. Thanks for your help anyway.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy 5540 printer will not let me print photos from the photo tray. It will default to the main tray and will not permit me to change to photo tray. Also, there is a small lock icon on my choice to print photos borderless, white border etc. My computer is a Windows 10. Do I need to download a driver update for my printer?

HP Recommended

When i print on photo paper (HP premium glossy).  i only get partial print of page.  When i print on regular 20# stock it prints fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.