Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

I have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw.  I have ePrint enabled, I have registered the printer email address on hpconnected.com, and have set the access to "Open to Anyone".

When I try to connect the printer for the first time with Google Cloud Print at https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html I get the message "Could not get printer information from HP".

I have searched the support forums and most people that have had this problem had already been connected at one point.  I can't get it to register for the first time.

I can see the printer email address just fine at https://www.hpconnected.com and everything looks good.  I am also able to print to the printer from my Google Drive using the HP smart app.  However, I really need to get the printer connected with Google Cloud Print.  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to get around this issue.  I think it was a combination of user error and the site https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html not recognizing I was already signed into my Google account.

I had to do the setup on my iPhone of all things.  I noticed that when I went to the URL https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html in Safari, it was redirecting back and forth in an infinite loop beacause I wasn't signed into Google.  I signed into Google in Safari and then went to the URL.  I was then able to register the HP printer on Google Cloud Print.

For some reason, the site https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html did not use my account from my Chromebook, my laptop, or my desktop.

Bizarre solution, but it's working now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @nathan15, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you have issues registering your printer to Google could print service.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you enabled the web services on your printer?

As you mentioned you have issues registering your printer to Google could print service.

Try the steps recommended below.

On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
Select Disabling depending on your printer model.
Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Once you have web services are disabled try re-enabling the web services.

To print to a nearby printer on the same network as an Android or iOS device, you do not need to register the printer with the Google Cloud. For iOS (7.0+) use AirPrint, or for Android 4.4, go to Google Play > Android apps and download either the HP Print Service Plug-in or the HP Mopria Print Service plug-in, and then turn-on the plug-in. For Android 4.3, download another mobile printing solution such as the HP ePrint App.

1. Make sure the printer is online and in a Ready state.

2. For setup purposes, make sure that the Chromebook, laptop, or notebook is connected to the same local network as the printer.

3. Make sure the printer is registered with the Google Cloud. For instructions, go to Setup Google Cloud Print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot google could print services issues.

Also, refer this article to know more information about using Google could print service.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestions, but I had already removed web services and re-enabled them to get a valid email address set up.  Are you saying that I have to start all over again?  I don't understand why I would need to start over when everything shows up fine on www.hpconnected.com.  To me it sounds like Google and HP aren't talking properly.  Are there any other suggestions?

If the best answer is 'start all over', I will try it but I was hoping to get more than a generic answer from a robot on this.

HP Recommended

@nathan15, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the printer is listed on HP connected website.

Try disabling the firewall and antivirus on your PC and try re-enabling the web services and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, please contact HP phone support so we can take remote of your PC and try connecting your printer to google cloud print.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to get around this issue.  I think it was a combination of user error and the site https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html not recognizing I was already signed into my Google account.

I had to do the setup on my iPhone of all things.  I noticed that when I went to the URL https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html in Safari, it was redirecting back and forth in an infinite loop beacause I wasn't signed into Google.  I signed into Google in Safari and then went to the URL.  I was then able to register the HP printer on Google Cloud Print.

For some reason, the site https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/setup-hp.html did not use my account from my Chromebook, my laptop, or my desktop.

Bizarre solution, but it's working now.

HP Recommended

This only applies if YOU (personally) want to setup access to the printer (via your gmail account)

What I need is to allow anyone to access this printer (ie. make it web available). 

We have an HP LaserJet M402dn that has the ability to be Google Cloud accessible, but every time

I attempt to get Google to send me a Claim Sheet, I get the error "Failed to register with Google Cloud Print. Try again later."

I have registered this printer with HP ePrint successfully and added it to my list, but I cannot get it to register with

Google Cloud Print.

I have it connected directly to our Wired - Wireless network (no firewall rules, just straight out the door), plus I have not turned on the printer's firewall (as it does have 1 you can setup).

Anyone know why this happens, please let me know ... Sincerely,

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank You,

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.