Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-17-2020 03:08 PM
@lsnlpz, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Follow the steps below-
Restore default wireless settings on the printer
- Turn on the printer and make sure ink cartridges are installed and paper is loaded in the tray.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons at the same time until the Power light flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.
- On the mobile device, open Settings, tap Wi-Fi, and then tap the printer with DIRECT in the name (Example: DIRECT-72-HP Deskjet 3762) from the list of available networks.
- If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.
- If you created a custom password and do not remember it, go to your printer to get the password.
- Press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.
Open the item you want to print, and then tap Print from the app or action menu.
Select your printer from the list of available printers, and then tap Print.
Note: When the printer and the mobile device are connected via Wi-Fi Direct, you will not be able to access the Internet on your mobile device.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community